MONTEBELLO, CA (November, 2011) – TASCAM, a well known veteran for creating home recording devices, today introduced a pocket sized iM2 stereo mic for iPad / iPhone / iPod Touch. TASCAM’s iM2 turns the iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch into a high-quality stereo recorder. A pair of condenser microphones – same high quality as TASCAM’s best-selling DR-series recorders – plugs into the dock connector of your Apple device. The microphones are adjustable over 180 degrees for optimal sound placement. The iM2 contains its own microphone preamp and analog-to-digital converter for low noise and premium audio quality. Unlike mics that use the built-in iPhone preamp, the iM2 can handle up to 125dB SPL sounds for the loudest concerts and instruments.
Also enclosed in the iM2, is a stereo limiter to tame sudden loud sounds. The microphone level is adjustable with a knob on the side, making it quick and easy to adjust without looking at the unit. It’s powered through the dock connector so no battery is required. A USB input is provided to charge your Apple iOS device for long recordings, either through a computer or TASCAM’s PS-P515U power adapter.
“The iM2 stereo mic was a natural succession after our well-received launching of the iXZ mic/guitar interface in September. Anyone can come out with an iOS product, but we want to ensure that our portable devices are of the utmost quality and I believe this product will be another hit with our customers.“ said Paul Jenkins, Senior Vice President for TEAC America.
The ultra-portable iM2 is a must have for musicians who want to capture inspiration on their iPhone or iPad without sacrificing recording quality. iM2 is the perfect recording accessory for musicians of all skill levels available now at an unbeatable street price of $79. A PCM Recorder app, a perfect companion to the iM2 will be available shortly on the iTunes store at no charge.
- Stereo condenser microphones for iPhone 4, iPod Touch or iPad dock connection
- High-quality stereo condenser microphones – same as our best-selling DR-series recorders
- Microphones adjustable 180 degrees front to back
- Built-in analog to digital converter and microphone preamp for low noise recording
- 125dB SPL maximum level for recording loud shows without distortion
- Switchable limiter attenuates high-level signals to prevent recording overload
- Adjustable input level control
- Powered through iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch dock connector
- USB input allows the iPhone or iPad to be charged from a USB connection or optional TASCAM PS-P515U
- CD-quality digital recording (44.1kHz/16-bit linear PCM)
- Compact size ideal for mobile use
- Compatible with iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPod Touch 4G, iPad, iPad 2