The Silver 200’s sleek appearance makes it a truly compact and attractive floor stander, blending audiophile performance with lifestyle proportions. A pair of Monitor Audio’s unique 5¼-inch C-CAM RST bass drivers share the duties of delivering bass and mid/bass. Configured as a two-and-a-half way system both electrically and acoustically, you will be amazed at the magical sound quality that this slim line can produce in your home. The two bass drivers operate in separate acoustic chambers within the enclosure to provide differential tuning and are divided optimally with crossovers to ensure both bass drivers contribute to the lower frequencies. This ensures only the mid-range crosses over with the tweeter and results in a consistent and precise image, on and off axis. This configuration delivers performance approaching a three-way design whilst ensuring higher efficiency and extended low frequency, yet in a smaller cabinet.
- Two-and-a-half-way, three-driver configuration
- Differentially-tuned acoustic system means high efficiency with powerful low-frequency extension
- New 25 mm C-CAM, tweeter featuring vented Neo magnet system optimised for lower distortion and cleaner sounding highs
- New 5.25-inch bass and bass/mid drivers with ‘dished’ C-CAM cone profile for better damping and improved mid-range clarity
- RST Cone profile for improved diaphragm rigidity and lower distortion
- Unique-build ring/voice coil-cone coupling mechanism (DCF) optimised to reduce high-frequency cone break-up and increasing the critical voice coil circumferential rigidity