The Monitor Audio ICS-8 subwoofer enables system-enhancing bass from the most visually discreet of settings. Developed primarily to complement the Monitor Audio CF230 speaker system, the ICS-8 fits into ceiling and wall cavities and under floors, enhancing the CF230 driver array and providing punchy bass from 40 Hz to 120 Hz.
Exclusively available with its specially designed pre-construction to allow a precise edge to plaster and finish, the ICS-8 follows the same visual appearance as the CF230, with round and square flush fit grille options on offer. Integrators can combine an IC8-S with a CF230 system, fit grilles to match and create a stunning sounding audio system from a practically invisible, yet extensive, speaker set up.
The ICS-8’s 20 cm long throw driver uses Monitor Audio’s renowned C-CAM cone technology to help ensure excellent reliability, as well as outstanding audio performance. Angled internally in the rigid MDF enclosure to reduce the ICS-8’s overall box height, this specially designed driver operates in the small bandpass area, treating listeners to tuneful, punchy bass.
This design provides the performance of 20 cm subwoofer from but a 10 cm grille opening. The ICS-8 is used in mainly pre-construction installations, when and where access can be made, such as in a basement, and when afforded sufficient joist depth and spacing. This set up allows the Monitor Audio subwoofer to breathe new audio life into an old environment.
- Architectural, discreet pre-construction subwoofer
- Can be installed in ceiling, underfloor or suitable cavities
- Delivers powerful bass down to 40Hz
- Complements the CF230 in a full range 2.1 system
- High performance, long throw 20cm driver, featuring C-CAM cone technology
- Flush fit mounting kit
- Designed to complement flush fit down lighting systems
- Round and square grille options
- Sealed band pass enclosure design - stops ingress of dirt and building materials
- Silicon rubber damping pads fitted to cabinet