Coopersburg, PA (March 15, 2011) — Light control manufacturer Lutron Electronics Co., Inc., is proud to introduce the new Stairwell Retrofit Solution that automatically adjusts light output based on stairwell occupancy.
The new Stairwell Retrofit Solution utilizes a lighting fixture with a Lutron digital dimming ballast preprogrammed to occupied and unoccupied light levels specific to a project’s code requirements. The fixture receives a signal from Radio Powr Savr™ occupancy sensors via reliable Lutron Clear Connect™ RF technology. The solution’s design features separate fixture and sensor components which allow for the flexibility to determine occupancy sensor quantities, mounting configuration, and placement requirements based on the stairwell design.
Through high-end trim and occupancy sensing, the stairwell retrofit solution provides the opportunity to save over 80% of lighting energy usage. Added benefits include simple installation, flexible grouping of fixtures and sensors, and the opportunity to meet codes and standards (ASHRAE 90.1 2010 and IgCC).
Component features of the new stairwell retrofit solution
Stairwell retrofit fixture
- 4 ft., 3ft. or 2ft. fixture; 1 or 2 lamps; lamp options – T8 , T5-HE and T5-HO (LED lamp option coming soon)
- 120-277 V~ universal input voltage
- Ceiling or wall surface mount
- Optional emergency ballast battery backup available
Radio Powr Savr occupancy sensor
- Ceiling, wall, hall and corner-mount configurations available
- Customize timeout to 1, 5, 15 or 30 minutes
- Exclusive Lutron XCT technology – enhanced passive infrared (PIR) sensing
- Control up to 10 fixtures with one sensor
- 10 year battery life
The stairwell retrofit solution saves energy and is cost-effective. The wireless communication between devices allows for easy installation with no additional wiring required, all while permitting the occupancy sensor(s) to be mounted in the location that provides the maximum area of coverage. For pricing and availability, please contact your local Lutron salesperson or representative.