Coopersburg, PA (May 23, 2014) – Lutron Electronics, the leader in energy-saving, wireless lighting and shade control, announces new in-wall dual-technology sensors that use both passive infrared (PIR) and ultrasonic technologies for optimum sensing of even very fine motion like typing or reading.
Lutron’s growing Maestro family of occupancy/vacancy sensors now offers a model for every need, residential or commercial. Lutron’s complete line of sensors includes sensor switches, dual-circuit sensor switches, dual-technology switches, and dimmers for dimmable CFL and LED lamps – Lutron also manufactures models to comply with ASHRAE 2010, IECC 2012, California Title 24, and building energy code requirements.
The new Maestro dual technology sensor switches will be available in single and dual-circuit models, as well as models that do not require a neutral connection.
- Lutron’s advanced XCT™ sensing dual-technology reliably detects even very fine motion, ensuring lights stay on when the room is occupied
- Simple and intuitive buttons with easy to see LEDs – no dip switches or dials
- Control all lighting and fan loads including LEDs and fluorescents
- Directly replace an existing switch (no new wiring required)
- Features smart ambient light detection, which automatically learns the user’s preferred light level in the space to turn the lights on only when sufficient daylight is not available
- Control 120V and 277V loads
“Lutron is continually looking for ways to provide our customers with high quality products,” said Brian Donlon, Sales Vice President, North America “Dual-technology is an ideal, affordable solution for commercial applications that can be quickly and easily installed without the need for sophisticated programming or additional wiring.”
The Maestro Dual-Technology Occupancy/Vacancy sensor switches will be available in June, in all gloss and matte finishes, and is priced from $100-125 list price.