LG Electronics, U.S.A
2000 Millbrook Dr.
Lincolnshire, IL 60069
Designed to personalize guest experiences, next-generation Pro:Centric technology enables new ways for hotels to communicate with guests
AUSTIN, June 21, 2011 – As the industry leader in hotel- and guest-centric display solutions, LG Electronics USA is launching the next generation of its Pro:Centric™ technology, adding IP video decoding to the powerful platform.
At the 2011 Hospitality Industry Technology Conference and Exposition (HITEC; booth 631), LG is showcasing its unique Pro:Centric applications platform that enables hoteliers to streamline information delivery into the guestroom, providing uniform services and features across radio frequency (RF) and Internet protocol (IP) networks.
Harnessing IPTV, Enabling Pro:Centric Applications
Leading LG’s new Pro:Centric series are the LV555H and LD665H. The LV555H is LG’s first commercial LED HDTV to feature Pro:Centric. This premium model displays crisp, clear images with energy-efficient edge-lit LED backlighting. The LV555H and LD665H are the first commercial TVs from LG for the North American market to include IPTV video decoding, allowing the support of direct IPTV, RF-only and mixed RF and IP connections. They enable seamless migration from RF to IP as network topology is expected to evolve over the coming years. Also featuring dual tuners, these models allow dynamic updating of application data such as the electronic program guide, weather and customizable billboards while still providing access to live TV.
“LG recognizes the trend in the U.S. towards IPTV solutions for our hotel customers,” said LG’s Richard Lewis, senior vice president, research and technology at Zenith, the U.S. R&D subsidiary of LG Electronics. “Our new models are a major step forward in supporting integrated IPTV adoption, and with proven success overseas, represent a truly global approach to platform development.”
As LG’s premium Pro:Centric models, the LV555H and LD665H support embedded b-LAN for Pay-Per-View and Free-To-Guest system interoperability, integrated LG Pro:Idiom® digital rights management and MPEG-2/MPEG-4 H.264 decoding for viewing of premium HD channels.
Pro:Centric For All Guestrooms
All of LG’s Pro:Centric-enabled HDTVs support a common feature set including third-party interactive electronic program guides, weather information and interactive information display capabilities. Additionally, systems integrators can customize welcome menus with unique authoring tools and Java-enabled technologies, which allow for easy, information sharing based on a hotel’s specific needs. Hoteliers can also personalize templates including colors, themes and billboard advertisements. The ability to quickly and easily add or update information creates real savings in printing costs and allows for a more timely presentation of information to guests.
Leading Hospitality Technologies at HITEC
At HITEC, LG is also featuring a number of other cutting-edge technologies designed to help hoteliers provide engaging guest services, including:
• New single tuner Pro:Centric models, the LD340H and LD330H, which feature integrated Pro:Idiom DRM and MPEG-4 decoding for digital HD Pay-Per-View compatibility. The LD340H also features integrated b-LAN™ connectivity.
• LD452B series EzSign TVs, LG’s newest and award-winning digital signage solution providing simultaneous branded advertisements and live television broadcasts.
• Commercial LG CINEMA 3D HDTVs, using comfortable and trendy polarized eyewear, similar to that used in movie theaters.
• LE530C LED backlighting series, incorporating a sophisticated design with crisp picture and energy-saving technology, featuring a slim 1.2-inch profile and an amazing 3,000,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio.
• LD520C LCD series, offering a variety of size options and excellent picture with Full HD 1080p resolution for crisp content, while the LD350C series delivers HD in 720p resolution.
• PK550C plasma series, featuring a TruSlim bezel and narrow 2.2-inch cabinet depth that trim unnecessary bulk, focusing the attention to the screen.
• Remote Jack Packs (RJPs), allowing business travelers to connect their personal A/V devices to the TV for easy photo and video viewing, e-mail checking and more – all while watching TV.
Technical specifications and details for all LG products on display at HITEC this week can be found on LG’s Website at www.LGsolutions.com.
Acoustix Audio Video
4126 Egan Dr
Savage, MN 55378