The Christie® S118 subwoofer combines one 18" driver with a dual 4" voice coil and long linear excursion with an advanced cabinet design. The extra-large, heavily cross-braced cabinet is tuned to 23Hz with EBS (Extended Bass Shelf). This allows the Christie S118 to deliver powerful, deep bass with minimal distortion and power compression for extremely high output levels and extended low frequency response.
The Christie S118 produces sound pressure levels (SPL) of 127dB continuous, 139dB SPL peak @ 1 meter, with power handling of 1000W continuous, 2000W short term and bandwidth of 20-250Hz @ -10dB. This makes it ideal for the accurate reproduction of Low Frequency Effects (LFE) channel content.
- 1 x 18" low frequency driver
- Maximum sound pressure levels (SPL): 127dB continuous, 139dB peak @ 1m
- Maximum power handling: 1000W (AES) continuous, 2000W (IEC) short term
- Extended low frequency response, with bandwidth of 20-250Hz @ -10dB
- High cubic displacement cabinet, heavily cross-braced, ported and tuned to 23Hz
- Extra large port area with rounded edges for minimal air turbulence noise
- Limited 5-year warranty